In this Part, in any constituting act, in regulations made by the Government and in by-laws made by a company, unless the context indicates otherwise,
- the word "company" means any company to which this Part applies;
- the expression "other company" means a company constituted as a legal person in any manner whatever;
- the word "undertaking" means the business of every kind which the company is authorized to carry on;
- the word "shareholder" means every subscriber to or holder of stock in the company, and includes the representatives of the shareholder;
- the word "manager" includes also the cashier, the secretary, the treasurer and the secretary-treasurer;
- the word "register means the register refered to in Chapter II of the Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises (chapter P-44.1)
In this Part, “constituting act” means, as the case may be, the memorandum of agreement, letters patent, supplementary letters patent and by-laws made under sections 21 and 87 or, where the provision applies to companies governed by Part IA, the articles of these companies, together with the certificate contemplated in paragraph 2 of section 123.15, the documents contemplated in section 123.14 and the notice contemplated in section 123.36.
"Act" means the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act S.C. 2009, C. 23 including the Regulations made pursuant to the Act, and any statute or regulations that may be substituted, as amended from time to time;
"articles" means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of amendment, amalgamation, continuance, reorganization, arrangement or revival of the Corporation;
"board" means the Board of Directors of the Corporation and "director" means a member of the board;
"by-law" means this by-law and any other by-law of the Corporation as amended and which are, from time to time, in force and effect;
"corporation" means a body corporate incorporated or continued under this Act and not discontinued under this Act;
"denturist" means a dental health care professional who provides denture care directly to the public. A Denturist may also be called a Dental Prostetish, a Clinical Dental Technician, a Denturologiste. Those terms are included but not limited to.
"meeting of members" includes an annual meeting of members or a special meeting of members;
"member" means a Voting Member (either an Active Member or an Honorary Member) unless otherwise specified;
"ordinary resolution" means a resolution passed by a majority of votes cast on that resolution at a meeting of members;
"Special Resolution" means a resolution passed at a meeting of members by a majority of not less than two-thirds (2/3) of the votes cast on that resolution;
"Voting Member" means an Active Member or an Honorary Member.
International Federation of Denturists has the objective to promote Denturists world-wide.
The head office of the International Federation of Denturists is: 8150 boul. Metropolitain, suite 230, Anjou, Quebec, Canada, H1K 1A1. Which at the Board discretion may be moved as necessary.